Skip to main content

Mozzarella and Aubergine Puff Pastry Tart

Mozzarella and Aubergine Puff Pastry Tart


 I looooooovve an easy dinner.

Normally on a Sunday, we would cook a veggie roast dinner. Normally with some epic yorkshire puddings.


Today though, we decided on something a bit lighter, so I turned to the trusty puff pastry I had in the fridge and created a vegetarian tart.

Did I make the pastry...no of course not!


That's the joy of ready made puff pastry. Just unroll it, whack something on top, and then you've got a quick, easy, and satisfying dinner.


For my pastry tart I chose to cover it first in some wild garlic pesto (recipe coming soon), then topped with griddled aubergine, tomato, mozzarella and fresh basil. It was delicious!

Griddled Aubergine




Mozzarella and Aubergine Puff Pastry Tart



Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Recipe - Nonna's Pavlova

When I was younger my Mum (or Nonna, as she's affectionately known to the kids) used to ask me what I wanted for my birthday meal. Every year, it was always the same answer. Prawn Cocktail, Coronation Chicken and PAVLOVA. I was classy for sure. My Mum makes the best pavlovas though. There I said it. Every year on my birthday I looked forward to that creamy, sweet, crunchy, chewy, bowl full of pavlova goodness. It's one of the highlights of the birthdays of my past. Time goes on though, and despite loving them I rarely make a pavlova...in fact this one was only my second attempt! It came out well, though I've noted a few things to improve it next time. I got a bit scared of over-whisking and the egg white collapsing, so I don't think I whisked enough. I did do the 'tipping the bowl over' tip (see below) though which worked, so it couldn't have been that loose! I topped the pavlova with fresh fruit such as strawberries, nectarine, pineapple and kiwi. My Mum a...

Easy Wild Garlic Pesto

It's a bit fiery but so tasty, and easy too...here's our recipe for Wild Garlic Pesto. Use just as you would do normal basil pesto - put it into sandwiches, stir through pasta, mix into a salad dressing, use it to season - the possibilities are endless. Wild garlic is in abundance where we live at the moment. It's fragrant and lush.  Our neighbours have lots in the bottom of our garden, so when they offered to drop some round (still following social distancing of course!) we couldn't say no. They even potted some up for us, so we could have some growing at home. What to do with it though? It can be used just like a herb, or use it as you would do spinach, so it can be put into an abundance of recipes. We didn't have a huge amount, so my first thought was pesto. Wild garlic pesto

Low Fat Spring Rolls

  It has to be said that spring rolls are my downfall! I love Asian food anyway, but getting a delicious crispy, tasty spring roll full of veggie goodness is my absolute favourite. That being said, they're not particularly good for the waistline - as with all things deep fried! So I set out to create a guilt-free version that I could make at home, that would please the kids. Now this recipe makes large spring rolls, but you could always cut the pastry into four and, using the same method outlined in the recipe, make smaller spring rolls. You can also use whatever veggies you like, but just make sure they're really thinly sliced. You could also add vermicelli rice noodles - just soak them in boiling water until cooked, then drain and allow to cool before adding to the mix. Also, we just use a soy sauce dressing, but why not experiment? Lime, ginger and honey with soy sauce would make a good dressing, as would sweet chilli sauce mixed with soy. You don't want the vegetable ...